Monthly Calendar: NOVEMBER 2016
Here are the exciting events, programs, courses and activities taking place throughout the region until the end of November. Enjoy discovering what you would like to get involved with!
November is Family Violence Prevention Awareness month. Northern Haven Support Society is hosting their annual open house and a free dinner from 6 -7 pm at the Legacy Center November 15. Registration is required for the dinner. View Poster Northern Haven Overview
The Slave Lake Native Friendship Center is busy with activities this month:
– November 5 they will be holding a Round Dance starting at 5 pm.
– The delicious soup and bannock fundraiser continues every Friday. You can enjoy your choice of a broth based or cream based soup plus bannock and dessert. View Menu
– The Center is accepting donations for the Food Bank, Coats for Kids and Santa’s Anonymous.
Upcoming Slave Lake Adult Education courses include:
– Learners Permit Preparation Course presented in Clear Language – to help participants over the age of 16 prepare to write the learner’s exam. December 1, 5, 7, 9 and 12. Cost: $20.00 call Kendra to register at 780-805-4855. View Poster
– Three Basic Computer Courses, November 1 Computer Basics, November 2 Internet Navigation and November 3 Email Usage. Courses are FREE call Kendra to register at 780-805-4855.
The Slave Lake RCMP Detachment aims to bring awareness to the community with respect to drug use. There will be a number of drug awareness presentations being offered in Slave Lake and area throughout the next year. The first presentation will be held on Thursday November 10, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at the Roland Michener Sr High School Gymnasium, and features Cpl. Brad McIntosh – Serious & Organized Crime – K Division and Sgt. Clayton Wilbern – Drugs & Organized Crime – K Division. Both presenters have a strong background in drug investigations and will be able to provide parents and youth factual and relevant information surrounding drug use/abuse. This is a FREE presentation. Handouts/pamphlets will be made available for those attending. If you require any additional information, please feel free to contact the Slave Lake RCMP Detachment at 780-849-3999
Rupertsland Institute, A Metis Centre of Excellence hosts an Open House on November 17, 2016
Christmas Craft Sale November 18 6pm-10 pm Saturday November 19 10 am – 4 pm Multi Rec Centre. View Poster
Interested in becoming involved with organizations throughout the region? Join the monthly Interagency meetings- held every last Tuesday of the Month in the Town Council Chambers.
We want to help promote your course, event or program that encourages community wellness in the region. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to pass along your information.
Click here to learn about the entire Summer/Fall Recreation Program Guide for Slave Lake.